Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Search & Navigation: Possible issues with UseLocalQueue=true across mulltiple instances

Vote:

Hi folks,

One of our sites in an Azure app service is scaled out to run on 2 instances, and we rely on an index to populate a news feed on the home page of other page types.

What we've been consistently seeing is published articles not showing in the feed. Investigating using the BVNetwork: Inspect In Index tool showed that often these pages still had a Status of 2 (CheckedOut) even after publish.

I recently updated my web.config to have <episerver.find useLocalQueue="false" disableServiceQueue="true" />. So far we have not seen the issue repeat.

My theory is: A save or publish happens on one instance, adding that content to the queue (dbo.tblFindIndexQueue), and another instance often would take responsibility for re-indexing the content.
Is it possible that the second instance is using stale cached content from the content repository to index rather than pulling it fresh from the database?

Edited, May 06, 2021 14:19
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.