Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Content Delivery Api for Commerce models are internal

Vote:

Somewhere between v2.7.0.0 and v2.17.0.0 a lot of things have been made internal in EPiServer.ContentApi.Commerce, e.g. the ProductContentApiModel. This means you cannot extend it in a model mapper. You could use the ContentApiModel, but then you lose the assets, so that's not really an option.

Nov 10, 2020 10:00
Vote:

Same here. We want to extend Content Delivery API for Commerce  by using CommerceContentModelMapper or implementing a ICatalogContentModelBuilder.
Since everything is internal, this is not possible.

Any plans on making this public, just like the content/CMS part of the API?

Edited, Jan 28, 2021 13:35
Vote:

I will file a bug for the CD team to look into this (I'm not saying it's a bug, just something for them to look into). Will get back to you once I hear from them 

Jan 29, 2021 8:31
Vote:

Any news on this? Really feels like  EPiServer.ContentDeliveryApi.Commerce is an unfinished product without it.

May 21, 2021 13:26
Vote:

Unfortunately no, and I will try to ping the CD team but it is still up to them to decide and priotize

May 22, 2021 8:55
Vote:

Hello!

You definitely seem to be correct. This happened a long time ago and I have not been able to figure out why exactly this happened. The story that introduced these changes explicitly in its description says that we should review and update the protection levels of our API before it's publicly released. But, at the time it were already at the 2.something version. As I said, I can't figure out what went wrong but there already seems to have been a misunderstanding at the time.

I have created a story to investigate and revert the changes to make the API usable in the intended way. I can't give you an ETA, but I will promote the story inside the engineering team.

May 25, 2021 12:50
Vote:

The response from the Addons team which I somehow missed

"

In the development of CD.Commerce, we just released 2.6 and 2.7 internally (for the purpose of making release as much small as possible for QAs, and we separated milestones) and only gave EMVP the package 2.6 and 2.7 to test our solution on Yammer. And 2.9 is the first official release package of CD.Commerce and within the first release, everything is internal. 

"
So the versions you were given were "preview", and those models are not intended to be public 
Sep 20, 2021 12:24
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.