Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How to create new module in EpiServer

Vote:

Hi,

I'm new in EpiServer development. Can anyone help me to create a new module in episerver. 

Example, I have customer section where I would like to add another section customer medical care details. How can manage to create this section and store data to database and retrieve in customer profile section such as customer addresses.

Need Help 

Feb 16, 2017 13:20
Vote:

Maybe blocks is what you are after? 

You can check out tutorials like:

http://world.episerver.com/blogs/Joe-Bianco/Dates/2013/7/Building-EPiServer-Templates-with-MVC-Razor-Part-2-Block-Templates/

and also examples in alloy demo projects where there are a few blocks implemented.

Feb 16, 2017 15:27
Vote:

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply.

My requirement is that to create a table called CustomerExtraInformation in SQL server database and store the record into it and show everywhere need like customer details on commerce manager and FE.

Do you have an idea that how can manage data to store in the newly added table?

Thanks,

Rajesh

Feb 17, 2017 5:50
Vote:

Two basic options I would say:

1. Use standard .NET Entity Framework and store data using that. I would store it in a separate database to leave the Episerver db intact.

2. Use Episerver DDS to store data. The advantage is that you don't need a separate database and less custom code. Works well as long as you don't have huge amounts of data (more than 10 000+ rows)

Feb 17, 2017 9:59
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.