Building a site in EPi and currently running at upgrade 96 or 97 I believe. (EPiServer.cms.core.9.6.0 and version for EPiServer.CMS.9.6.0)Now, I have just setup a clean db (in which I ran the start script in the nuget package to set it up).
I set rights on groups, I make sure english and swedish is enabled in admin and on root.
I then create a startpage under root.
I go into admin and make a new site, on which I add one host with nothing as culture.
I go back and I can see the site in english.
Now the problems arrise. I click site, and change to swedish. The language and viewlanguage query is updated to swedish. However the tree shows as non italic. When I click on a page, it says in a yellow bar "You are working in svenska, this content is in English. To edit it, switch to English".
So I cannot translate into swedish.
To experiment I tried editing the site settings host row to set it to specific sv.
Now in edit mode it shows as italic in the page tree. If I click a page, it now asks if I want to translate to swedish.HOWEVER, when I click sites and try and switch back to english (it does, language and view language switches to en) the tree is still shown as italic. So despite the query strings saying it is in english, as soon as I click a page, it asks me if I want to translate it to swedish.This worked just fine earlier but at some point (either our code, or our update to new epi version) have messed this up, and I cannot recall (or find when I search) anything we might have implemented that would mess with this.
Did you enable Svenska to editors (done using LanguageSettings in edit mode on start page for example...)
This is the settings used for editors. Admin controls the languages enabled for public users...
Yes I did that. they are enabled for both root and for the startpage.
It sounds like the language may not be enabled. Ensure you have the language enabled either using the setting Daniel has mentioned or install the Episerver Langauges add-on:
First enabling it in admin mode for both languages and then use language settings in edit mode on start page works for me. Strange!
The languages are enabled both in admin and going for language tools on root and making sure english and swedish are selected, and I double checked so all pages inherit this configuration.
>This was a bug in release 96 (which we were running at the time) and resolved in release 97. Updating resolved it.
Great! Annoying bug :)