Cannot login after moving to another server

Vote:
 

Hi! We've moved our EPiServer CMS 6 R2 site to another server and now we cannot access edit mode. The login is successful, but I am sometimes redirected to a page stating "Sidan kunde inte laddas" (Page could not be loaded) and sometimes it just redirects me back to the login page again.

I also get a lot of script errors when running Firebug stating: "ASP.NET Ajax client-side framework failed to load" and "Sys har inte definierats" (Sys har not been defined). Another server error is "System.Web.HttpException: This is an invalid webresource request" for WebResource.axd and ScriptResource.axd. After decoding these I can see that the requested files among others are WebForms.js, WebUIValidation.js, Focus.js which are ASP.NET files I guess.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

#60004
Jul 10, 2012 14:22
Vote:
 

Can you check that user has corresponding access rights and user is in required roles on new server?

Also check that ScriptResource.axd handle configuration is valid in your web.config. It seems like after moving you've got other other IIS or framework version.

 

#60007
Jul 10, 2012 16:35
Vote:
 

I am local admin on the server and the ui location has allow roles for WebEditors, WebAdmins, Administrators and two AD groups that I am member of. The old server ran win 2008 (IIS 7) while the new server is 2008 R2 (IIS 7.5). The AppPool is using .NET Framework 2.0 but I've also installed 4.0 on the server.

This is the httphandler section in web.config:

<httpHandlers>
      <remove verb="*" path="*.asmx" />
      <add verb="*" path="*.asmx" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" />
      <add verb="*" path="*_AppService.axd" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" />
      <add verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" validate="false" />
      <add verb="*" path="Embed.aspx" type="Meridium.Web.EmbeddedHandler, Meridium.Web, Version=3.1.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=01f4840270d48493" />
      <add verb="*" path="ImageVaultHandler.aspx" type="ImageStoreNET.Classes.Handlers.ImageHandler, ImageStoreNET" />
      <add verb="*" path="UploadHandler.ashx" type="ImageStoreNET.Classes.Handlers.UploadHandler, ImageStoreNET" />
    </httpHandlers>

    

...and this is the beginning of the handler section:

<handlers>
      <clear/>
      <add name="ImageVaultFile" path="ImageVaultFiles/*" verb="*" type="ImageStoreNET.Classes.Handlers.ImageVaultFileHandler, ImageStoreNET" />
      <add name="UrlRoutingHandler" preCondition="integratedMode" verb="*" path="UrlRouting.axd" type="System.Web.HttpForbiddenHandler, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />
      <remove name="WebAdminHandler-Integrated" />
      <remove name="ScriptHandlerFactory" />
      <remove name="ScriptHandlerFactoryAppServices" />
      <remove name="ScriptResource" />
      <add name="ScriptHandlerFactory" verb="*" path="*.asmx" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
      <add name="ScriptHandlerFactoryAppServices" verb="*" path="*_AppService.axd" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
      <add name="ScriptResource" verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
      <add name="compcharts" verb="GET" path="cachedimageservice.axd" type="ComponentArt.Charting.CachedImageService,ComponentArt.Charting.WebChart" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv2.0" />
      <add name="*.asmx_*" path="*.asmx" verb="*" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv2.0" />
      <add name="*_AppService.axd_*" path="*_AppService.axd" verb="*" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv2.0" />
      <add name="ScriptResource.axd_GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" verb="GET,HEAD" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv2.0" />
#60026
Edited, Jul 11, 2012 10:13
Vote:
 

Hi again! It seems that the problem is related to the new load balancer that we don't have in the old environment. When I bypass it everything works fine, so I guess it's a rule denying AJAX requests or something. Thanks for your help anyway!

EDIT: The problem was that the load balancer didn't use sticky sessions, so the requests were made to both nodes across the same session. When configuring that a visitor should stay on the same node throughout the entire session, the problem was solved.

#60027
Edited, Jul 11, 2012 10:47
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.