Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Scheduled job problem

Vote:

Hello,

I have a problem with the Scheduler service in EpiServer 4.62.

Starting the Scheduler in DEBUG mode I am getting the following issue in the log:

#INF# CreateFile(\\.\pipe\_LM_W3SVC_1903232566_Root) failed with code: 2

Is there any list of Error codes where we can check what does this error mean?

Feb 03, 2010 12:44
Vote:

Hi Svetozar

Take a look at Logging in EPiServer CMS (and the Scheduler section).

Hope this helps.

Frederik

Feb 03, 2010 20:40
Vote:

The error #2 is a standard windows error message, it simply means "The system cannot find the file specified".

As the schedulerservice starts it tries to connect to all known (see below) EPiServer sites over a named pipe connection.
Every EPiServer site on the machine creates its own unique pipe, which is then "registered" with the one scheduler service
running on the system.

Now, this error might occur if the EPiServer site is not running at the moment (it may have beenr ecycled).

I suggest you to stop all EPiServer sites and stop the Scheduler Service, then rename the file:
c:\program files\EPiServer\Shared\Services\Scheduler Service\EPiServer.SchedulerService.Sites.xml

to something else (or remove it completely, it will be recreated automatically).

Then start the scheduler service with the DEBUG parameter, and then start up the EPiServer web sites. When you issue
the first request on the site, you should see some output in the Scheduler Service console window when the site registers
its pipe with the service.

Regards,
Johan

Feb 04, 2010 10:13
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.