Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Quick edit changes the URL

Vote:

Whenever our editors use the feature "edit" or "quick-edit" while rightclicking on the site, the URL of any links in the text changes. Normally the link looks something like this: http://www.domain.se/privat/start but after editing it looks like this: http://www.domain.se/Templates/OurName/start

Anybody know why?
Thanks in advance :)

Jan 19, 2010 15:04
Vote:

Hi!

Which version of EPiServer are you running?

Linus Ekström
EPiServer Development Team

Jan 19, 2010 17:55
Vote:

Sorry! CMS 5, R1 - not sure which SP. (5.1.422.267, if that means anything to you :) )

Jan 20, 2010 16:36
Vote:

Hi Karin!
Seems strange. Trying to reproduce it but need a little more information.
Is it links created in an editor that gets corrupted?
And are these links internal (Page on this web site)?
Are the corrupted links in any way related to the page you are editing (iow are you editing "OurName" page in example above)?
Are you editing in IE (which version?) and using the built in EPiServer DHTML Editor?

If the links are in an editor I am also curious of the HTML for the link that is rendered in the editor (when in quick edit/edit). If you set the cursor in the editor and press Ctrl+Shift+Q you will get a question to copy the content of the editor. The link parts are the most interesting.

Sorry, not any help, only a lot of questions. But we really need a little more info to be able to understand what is going on.
/Best regards
Henrik Tengelin

Edited, Jan 22, 2010 15:39
Vote:

Hi Henrik

Thanks for your reply.

The links that gets corrupted are created using the Meridium Link Editor. As far as I know, it's internal links and not related to the page that is being edited. The editors use IE 7 using the built in editor (with the Meridium addon, as mentioned above).

This is the HTML from the editor, before using Quick edit:

<P>Testar med <A language="" class="" href="/Templates/Company/Pages/SiteMap.aspx?id=8">länkar</A>. </P> but when rendered in View-mode the link looks like this http://www.company.se/Webbkarta/

(this is where I start to see a pattern ;) )

When I save the page after using Quick edit (in view-mode, right click and choose Edit and change the text, not the link it self, and then right click, save) the link changes to this: http://www.company.se/Templates/Webbkarta/ 

Best regards.
Karin

Jan 25, 2010 16:30
Vote:

Hi again Karin!

I have now tested to do the break links on three different versions of EPiServer CMS but unfortunately (or not depending on how you see it :)) I can't reproduce the above scenario. My links stay the same. Since you are using "on page edit"(!? lots of terms to know...), I think there might be something in the template pages causing this. The only thing I can think of right now is if you have some <base href="something" /> in the template pages which could affect the links. Sorry for not being able to help more, I can only recommend talking to the partner company implementing your solution.
/Best regards
Henrik Tengelin

Jan 25, 2010 17:30
Vote:

Thank you anyway, Henrik! At least, now I know that it is not a known issue. I'll update later with the solution, if we are able to find one...

Best regards,
Karin

Jan 26, 2010 12:30
Vote:

Please do!
I am kind of curious of whats causing it... And I really hope you find the cause.

Get back to us if you have any more questions.

/Best regards
Henrik Tengelin

Jan 26, 2010 15:54
Vote:

There is a bug #20129: "On Page Edit changes links" which was fixed in 5.2.375 (R2 SP2) that could be causing this. The error only happens when you select "Edit" from the right-click menu, not "Quick Edit". The bug report says it was found in R2 but it could affect earlier versions as well.

Jan 26, 2010 18:05
Vote:

Thanks for the info, Per! Sounds kind of like our problem. We are planning an upgrade, so hopefully that will solve it.

Jan 27, 2010 8:29
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.