Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Normal spaces improperly converted to no-break spaces

Vote:

Under apparently unpredictable conditions, normal space (blank) characters entered on a page get converted to no-break spaces, which are displayed as   in HTML mode.

It seems that this may happen both in direct keyboard input and when doing copy and paste from another window. It does not follow any obvious pattern, and it happens between words, not in contexts where it might make sense (as e.g. some versions of Microsoft Word convert spaces to no-break spaces in expressions like "1 000 000").

This may cause unpleasant surprises, when normal paragraph layout is disturbed, because no-break space prevents a line break.

I am aware of the feature that Ctrl+Shift+space produces a no-break space in EPiServer editing in normal (not HTML) mode. This seems to be an undocumented but probably intentional (and useful) feature, but my question is not about this - the problem is that normal spaces turn to no-break spaces.

Has anyone else observed this behavior, and is there something one could do about it?

I'm using EPiServer 4.62.0.533.

Sep 16, 2009 8:10
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.