Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Link Collection page references when copying a site

Vote:

Hi,

I am looking for something like the Link Collection Property but with the feature that when you are copying a site the collection's internal item's page references should change as all the other page references do.

What I mean is that if Site A Page A has a Page property that points to Site A Page B and you copy this site content then Site B Page A will point to Site B Page B. The internal page references are checked when copying. I want the same behaviour for Link Collection or some other custom property. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Kind Regards,
Peter

Jun 15, 2009 13:53
Vote:

Hi!

Actully internal links should be rewritten when exporting/importing a link collection. Ie, if you have a link collection on page A with a link to page B the link should work after import, provided both page A and B are included in the same export package.

However, there is a bug with the export/import function for link collections:

Bug 24816: LinkCollection links are broken in export/import

That bug is fixed and will be included in the upcoming service pack, SP2, for EPiServer CMS R2.

Regards

Per Gunsarfs
EPiServer CMS development team

Jun 15, 2009 17:02
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.