Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

updatepanel returning wrong form action url

Vote:

Hello,

I'm in the process of migrating a site to v5 and I'm experiencing a strange behaviour. On a ajax page there's an updatepanel with an asyncpostbaktrigger to a button outside the panel. 

What happens is that the first ajax works posts nicely to the friendly url, but the response always sets the form tag action attirbute to a semi-unfriendly url.

e.g. if the current page url is /foo/bar the form action is set to /foo/mytemplatefilename.aspx?id=1234 - notice that only the last segment is replaced with the unfriendly url. 

using the same markup and codebehind on a demosite works fine and i've tried comparing the web.configs to see if there was anything out of the ordinary there but i didn't find anything.

Looking at the SDK i also found an updatepanelrewrite class but i didn't find anything which would indicate that the form tag should be modified by the code in that class.

Any help is appreciated.

May 23, 2009 12:51
Vote:

I'm having the same problem. Did you ever find a solution to this?

Best regards,

Karl

Nov 10, 2009 12:56
Vote:

There is a control adapter for HtmlForm that should take care the described problem. There should be a AdapterMappings.browser file in the App_Browsers folder with an entry like:

<adapter controlType="System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm" adapterType="EPiServer.WebControls.ControlAdapters.HtmlFormAdapter" />

Nov 20, 2009 11:26
Vote:

Yes, we had accidentally removed that file. This solved the problem for us. Thanks!

/Karl

Nov 26, 2009 15:20
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.