Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Epi Tree Menu

Vote:

Hi,

I would like to know if someone knows what SQL in the procedures are execute when expanding a tree node in the left menu (my guess it is a type of GetChildren function which gets a list of page IDs and then fetches the pages one by one)? And what happens in the .net code (perhaps Episerver can help?) ?

We're having problems with our left tree menu in edit mode which is generally slow when loading the first time and when expanding a node.  Episerver identified that this is because the way we've setup our website; many pagestypes with many properties (especially longstrings). We have about 40,000 pages.  The tree is properly structured e.g. not many items under one node. Episerver already helped a lot with this by providing a left tree menu that does not read two levels deep every time a node is expanded, but the menu is still to slow for the client.

Because of the number of longsstrings I've added the following to the web.config:

<add key="EPnStringDelayedLoadThreshold" value="1" /><add key="EPnStringCompressionThreshold" value="500" />

But this does not seems to help improve the performance.

We're using Episerver 4.61.5.83 with Oracle. 

Thanks!

Aug 13, 2008 8:45
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.