Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Vote:

Hi, I tried to install the online version of EPiServer 4.61 on Windows XP and episerver manager1.3.1. But it throwed the following error at the end of the installer during the phase "Running assembly installer for /bin/MILHTMLParser.dll".The error produced is: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.i re-run the installer but still i am getiing the same error.i am getting the same error if i try to install the version 4.62 also.
Jun 06, 2008 7:46
Vote:

Hi.

This problem is due to a known bug with EPiServer Manager 1.3.1. There should be a newer version of EPiServer Manager available (1.3.2 at least).

Jun 06, 2008 14:52
Vote:

Hi Hemmingson,

Thanks for your reply..one more doubt.My colleagues  installed the EpiServer Manager 1.3.1 version only.They didn't get any problem,but i got problem with the version.If it is a bug,everone should face the problem..isn't it?

Jun 09, 2008 6:53
Vote:

Hi,

Its a bug, "0045529: The manager throws an excpetion if installed under an existing site and not supplying a virtual directory".

The workaround was to let the Manager create the site (right click on "local computer") or install in a virtual directory. But this issue has been fixed in EPiServer Manager Verson 1.3.2. And 1.3.3. is the latest version so go to meny "help" ->"check for update" to update.

Jun 09, 2008 10:38
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.