Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiField not displayed in view mode

Vote:

I have installed EPiFields according to the installation instructions and created a basic dummy epifield. In edit mode, the popup for inserting an EPiField is shown as expected and I can enter some values for it (I have two textfields where width and height can be entered). I can click the preview button and see that the result is as expected (the entered width and height is displayed). I know that loading and saving the epifield data is correct, because I after publishing the page, I can go to edit mode and edit the epifield, and the previously entered values are displayed in my two textboxes. Ok, all is well so far.

My problem comes when I go to view mode for the article. Here, the epifield is displayed just like its preview in edit mode. In other words with the curly brackets around it. When I view the source for the rendered page, I see that a hidden input field is output between the curly brackets, along with the visible preview information.

It seems to me like there should have been an EPiServer event which should have been triggered before the page was rendered and which should have interpereted the contents of the hidden field and rendered it accordingly, but which - due to bad configuration or something - is still not triggered. But what do I know - the SDK has nothing on EPiFields and there is little to find on the inner workings of WPiFields in these forums and in the developer pages and tech notes.

By the way, I am running EPiServer 4.62 and I am using v4.51 of the epifields dll. I am running on Windows XP and using .NET 2.0. I have also tried using v4.61 of the epifield dll (the hotfix), but with the same result.

I would love it if someone could help me out on this. I have tried everything I can think of, but seem to have run into a dead end..

-b

May 14, 2008 19:30
Vote:

Hi Björn!

How is the epifields longstring-property rendered in the pagetemplate?

You would see this behavior if you output the longstring through some "Response.Write"-code, for example like this:

<p>
 <%= CurrentPage["MyEpifieldsProperty"] %>
</p>

To get EPiFields to run properly it needs to be rendered through the <EPiServer:Property>-control, for example like this:

<p>
<EPiServer:Property PropertyName="MyEpifieldsProperty" runat="server" />
</p>

Regards,
Johan

May 14, 2008 21:59
Vote:

Spot on!

That fixed my problem. Thank you very much! :-)

May 20, 2008 9:51
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.