Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Avoid login through Windows integrated authentication

Vote:

I have enabled integrated Windows authentication (through the multiplexing provider) on my EPiServer site so now I am able to log in to the site with my Windows account. However, I thought that if I am already logged on to Windows with that user I would not have to log in again each time I open the site. Am I doing something wrong since it does not work like that? Or is there some other way to avoid having to log in each time I open the site?
May 30, 2008 9:35
Vote:

Can you not just check the 'Enable automatic logon' checkbox when you login?
May 30, 2008 17:26
Vote:

Hi,

I'm guessing you've already enabled Integrated Windows Authentication in the IIS. Have you tried to just use the Windows membership and role provider (instead of multiplexing)?

Jun 02, 2008 8:51
Vote:

So if I use only Windows Authentication I don't have to login? However, it is not an option, I need multiplexing because I need to be able to use the SQL provider also.
My site does not have an 'enable automatic logon' checkbox, but maybe I should implement that..
Jun 09, 2008 10:55
Vote:

The problem is that you cannot mix FormsAuthentication and WindowsAuthentication in the same site, you would have to select either.

One could possibly write a custom authentication handler that performs the NT Challenge/Response on its own before the FormsAuthentication kicks in, but that
would require quite some coding and is not so easily done.

Regards,
Johan Olofsson

Jun 09, 2008 11:33
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.