Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer CMS 5.2.375.7 - vs 2008 integration

Vote:

hi i have installed EPiServer CMS 5.2.375.7

Then i used episerver installation manager to create a site all fine, i can add pages properties etc.

Now the question: since i have a web site and i open a web site with visual studio 2008, there is no episerver template available, i cannot for example add a custom property type(i imagine that the property is registered during this process because simply creating the cs filles for the new property was not enough - i cannot see the new prop in the list of episerver available properties)

The other option i have, create a new episerver project directly from visual studio is no good either, i have no admin files, no nothing

So am i doing something wrong?

Any help apreciated

Dec 02, 2008 14:34
Vote:

You need to install the "EPiServerVsIntegration.msi" as described here:
http://world.episerver.com/en/Documentation/Items/Installation-Instructions/EPiServer-CMS/EPiServer-CMS-5-R2-Installation-Instructions/ 

If you are new to EPiServer, you should have a look at this link, they have gathered a lot of usefull information:
http://world.episerver.com/en/Get-Started/

Regarding your note on missing admin files, they changed the file structure in R2, so all the admin/edit files are located in your program files folder.  (It's described in the first link)

--
Lars Øyvind
www.epinova.no 

Dec 03, 2008 0:39
Vote:

I ran that msi and it worked since i can see the templates once i create an episerver project

My question is, what do i do with the site that is created by episerver installation manager?

So the steps are:

1.create site using  episerver installation manager

2.open ms visual studio 2008

3.File->open web site->Local IIS->select previously created web site and open it

4. Try to create a custom property, select add new item and? now what do i do?there is no episerver template available

Dec 03, 2008 9:53
Vote:

bump

i really need an answer can it be done or no?

as simple as that

Dec 04, 2008 15:25
Vote:

nvm i modified the public templates csproj so its ok now
Dec 04, 2008 16:09
Vote:

What's up with that name?
Dec 04, 2008 17:26
Vote:

dyslektisk parents maybe?
Dec 04, 2008 18:33
Vote:

please limit your comments to your parents
Dec 05, 2008 10:18
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.