Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Using visual basic with episerver.

Vote:

Hi, I have visual studio 2005 and the ASP .NET 2 templates. The site compiles and runs fine and I've been able to add my own page template in C# but I can't find a way to create anything new for coding in visual basic (ie page/usercontrol/masterpage etc...). (the language option is not available on the new item screen as if C# is the only option?) Any ideas? Many thanks, Seb
Aug 07, 2007 15:30
Vote:

I still really need a solution for this, any help would be greatly appreciated!
Aug 10, 2007 15:12
Vote:

Isn't that a limitation in VS 2005? If the project is a C# project, you cannot code in other languages (actually, i think you can, but I've never done it so I have no idea of how you do it). A suggestion would be to create a new project in VB.Net and convert everything in /templates (if you are keeping that directory). Don't forget to copy all the other directories you need (/admin, /bin, /edit, /lang, /util, and other directories i might have forgotten) and also the web.config file. Another solution might be to skip all code behind-files and put your code in script tags in the aspx/ascx files instead (not a very pretty solution). Regards, /Patrik
Aug 15, 2007 11:23
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.