Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

SiteMap not iutoutting valig XHTML

Vote:

Error message from http://validator.w3.org/check: Line 335, Column 14: document type does not allow element "ul" here; assuming missing "li" start-tag.
  • This is taken from the source file:
    • Administrasjon
      • As you can see, you are using
          within
            . Example of proper use:
            • ... Level one, number one...
              1. ... Level two, number one...
              2. ... Level two, number two...
                1. ... Level three, number one...
              3. ... Level two, number three...
            • ... Level one, number two...
Aug 17, 2007 14:47
Vote:

Now if I only could edit this thread as one _normally_ can do in forums..... an drename thread headline to "SiteMap not outputting valid XHTML" :)
Aug 17, 2007 14:49
Vote:

To put it simply; Make sure all outputted code by EPiServer is valid XML. E.g. the WYSIWYG editor does _not_ output valid XML (I believe it is a 3rd party component and may be changed).
Aug 22, 2007 10:43
Vote:

We are having this problem as well, Episerver should render xhtml that passes validation.
Aug 22, 2007 11:40
Vote:

If you are using versions prior to 5 the templates supplied with the EPiServer installation is ONLY examples and needs to be changed in order to create a site that validates. There has been some words around the forum that with the 5 version some templates shall be considered production so hopfully they will validate. Then if EPiServer.WebControls.PageTree is used it is not designed in a way that will make it easy to create valid ul/li html. In my opinion it's easiest to create a new webcontrol based on EPiServer.WebControls.PageTreeData and make a proper templates so that proper ul/li rendering can be made over and over again. Regards HAXEN
Aug 23, 2007 8:49
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.