Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

problems inserting links and images

Vote:

we are experiencing a strange problem on one of our installations (version 4.60.0.156, on windows 2003) when inserting an image or a link the problem occurs when selecting the image/document in the link tool it takes several seconds before the "insert" or "cancel" buttons appears. also the icons "rename" and "delete" does not higlight until several seconds. but this is not the only problem after waiting, sometimes up to 10-20 seconds, inserting the link fails. nothing happens!! the problem occurs only on the installation at our clients intranet. on our dev installation it works fine. the only difference between the installations is the OS version. Win2000 on dev environment and Win2003 on the live site... anyone has experienced the same problem i have mailed support about the problem...
Sep 05, 2006 9:41
Vote:

We encountered a similar issue when the text had been copied/pasted from Word - the resulting HTML contained LOTS of redundant and tags - so many that a single line was 20KB. This caused the EPiServer parser to go slow when attempting to parse this text. It's easy to check this - just choose 'Show/Hide HTML code' from the Editor Toolbar and check the text for the link. If it is the Word cut/paste issue, you will need to undo formatting for the offending text then reapply it manually. As far as I know (I raised a similar issue with support last month), the problem is with the HTML generated by Word.
Sep 06, 2006 9:52
Vote:

Are there a lot of images in the folder that is being opened in the link tool? This could really slow down things, because of the thumbnails being generated. Frank :)
Sep 07, 2006 8:11
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.