Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

File Upload Issues 4.61

Vote:

I'm trying to upload a 6 meg PDF to the Documents folder using the File Manager in 4.61 and keep recieving the error below. Files under 1 meg are uploading fine. I have upload the same 6 meg PDF on a 4.50 installation on the same server without any dramas. Page could not be loaded The link you specified does not work. This may either be the result of temporary maintenance or an incorrect link. Detailed error information (authorized by permissions to functions) Error occured 17/07/2006 2:42:01 PM User IP 203.217.28.10 User Agent Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727) Url http://demo.ares.com.au/EPiAWTA/edit/ActionWindow.aspx?plugin=16 Referer http://demo.ares.com.au/EPiAWTA/edit/ActionWindow.aspx?plugin=16 Maximum request length exceeded. Server Error in '/EPiAWTA' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Maximum request length exceeded. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Maximum request length exceeded. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. Stack Trace: [HttpException (0x80004005): Maximum request length exceeded.] System.Web.HttpRequest.GetEntireRawContent() +3220285 System.Web.HttpRequest.GetMultipartContent() +62 System.Web.HttpRequest.FillInFormCollection() +264 System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Form() +65 System.Web.HttpRequest.get_HasForm() +57 System.Web.UI.Page.GetCollectionBasedOnMethod(Boolean dontReturnNull) +2022785 System.Web.UI.Page.DeterminePostBackMode() +60 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +133
Jul 17, 2006 6:55
Vote:

Hi Jason It looks like the property maxRequestLength is not set or set to low for your application (see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;295626 for more information) Regards, Mattias Lövström EPiServer developer
Jul 17, 2006 8:35
Vote:

OK, so would I be correct in saying that the EPiServer File Manager should have handled this error in a different manner? Should this/has this been logged as a bug?
Jul 18, 2006 8:29
Vote:

I'd say that would be a correct statement :-) It also has to be handled in any of the popup dialogs where you can upload files. Just logged it as a feature request. /Steve
Jul 18, 2006 9:58
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.