Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Admin Settings.aspx

Vote:

I would like EP to fix settings.aspx so that true/false options (checkbox) can be handled without the app.settings key already in he web.config. /HAXEN
May 11, 2006 8:21
Vote:

Could you please explain? Do you mean system settings plug-ins? /Steve
May 11, 2006 14:08
Vote:

Yes, if I make a settings plugin and use a TextBox it works fine without having to add the property to the web.config first. But if I do the same with a CheckBox it generates a an Exception i Page_Load of settings.aspx [FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid Boolean.] System.Boolean.Parse(String value) +269 System.String.System.IConvertible.ToBoolean(IFormatProvider provider) +13 System.Convert.ToBoolean(Object value) +36 EPiServer.Admin.Settings.SetControlValues(ControlCollection controls) +804 EPiServer.Admin.Settings.SetControlValues(ControlCollection controls) +113 EPiServer.Admin.Settings.SetControlValues(ControlCollection controls) +113 EPiServer.Admin.Settings.SetControlValues(ControlCollection controls) +113 EPiServer.Admin.Settings.SetControlValues(ControlCollection controls) +113 EPiServer.Admin.Settings.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +297 System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0 System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +772 I have no problem fixing it in my settings plugin but it would be nice not having to in every system. /HAXEN
May 17, 2006 10:31
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.