Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

DOPE not working in second Enterprice site

Vote:

We have an Enterprice installation with several sites. When browsing the sites in Edit mode the DOPE menu stops working for the instances(sites) above the default instance(site). This happens only inside the view area. When browsing back to site 1, the DOPE menu still works. Another issue is that the JavaScript that sets the text "NOT FOR COMMERCIAL USE" crashes and puts the text in an alert, but the text is also put in the title (where it should be). Best regards. /Kalle
Feb 09, 2006 13:14
Vote:

I assume you are using Forms Authentication on the solution. If so, this behavior is because the authentication is not working across the different sites (i.e. across the domains). If you log into www.site1.com, you can use DOPE. At this point you are not authenticated on www.site2.com and www.site3.com. As far as I know, this is by design in IIS. As to the dialog box, I think this is also by design from EPiServer, when not logged in using non-commercial licenses. Frank :)
Feb 14, 2006 19:54
Vote:

This seems verry odd. The DOPE's functionality is governed by EPs own authentication and sould not have anything to do with the IIS. I've looked at the javaScript that causes the alert and it is triggered by an exception that ocurres when the page can't put "NOT FOR .." in the title window, but the text is there.
Feb 15, 2006 16:24
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.