Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

AD user in EpiGroup

Vote:

I'm working on a intranet solution where we are going to use AD for identification of the users. I'm been on to it before, but it Elektropost might have fixed it... Can I place an AD user in an EPiServer group? If I can't, how do I make an AD user a member of a Workroom? Regards, Sebastian
Aug 29, 2005 17:26
Vote:

Hello Sebastian! We still have no support to place an AD or windows user into a EPiServer group. There should be no problems including an AD user into a workroom though as long as the user has logged on to EPiServer and a local account has been created. In the 4.51 release it is also possible to include groups into a workroom.
Sep 22, 2005 12:05
Vote:

If anyone have succeeded in using LDAP groups in workroom I would like to see an axample of how to implement this. For most intranets I would assume this is nearly a requirement, but I'm experiencing some problems implementing this myself. The default implemetation uses this approach: SidCollection hits = Sid.Search(SecurityIdentityType.AnyUserSid, false, null, firstname, lastname, email, null); I would assume that adding a line like this (or similar): hits.AddRange(Sid.Search(SecurityIdentityType.LdapGroup, false, firstname, lastname, lastname, email, null)); would do the trick? Any suggestions?
Nov 16, 2005 10:03
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.