Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Problem with EpiServer Manager 1.1

Vote:

Tried to install EPiServer 4.50 through the EM 1.1, but the installation ends with the message "SQL Server does not exist or access denied.". The strange thing is that EM is able to create the new database but not to create the tables or the procedures. When I trace the databaseserver during the installation, I get a lot of error 208 ("the object don't exists"). What am I doing wrong?
Jun 22, 2005 16:15
Vote:

It sounds like a security issue, or perhaps a collation problem. What's the default collation on the SQL server? When you entered the database info in the installation wizard, did you select a new or existing user? What happens if you try to run the v4.50 database script manually in Query analyzer? (you can find the file in the "C:\Program Files\EPiServer4\Download\Install" folder)
Jun 23, 2005 13:44
Vote:

Could be a symptom of installing Win XP SP2 and not installing SP4 for SQL Server
Aug 09, 2005 18:17
Vote:

The installation is working alright in the analyzer (there are some procedure which has missing dependency). I'll check the installing the Service Pack 4, and retry the installation
Sep 07, 2005 15:00
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.