Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Invalid namespace

Vote:

Hi! I try to install EpiServer 4.5 in my Virtual PC with Windows XP system. When I run "Install new site wizard" and when I'm providing License key I got always error: "Invalid namespace" I have installed on this system: IIS, Visual Studio 2005 B2, MSDE SQL Server. Regards M.Kierepka
May 30, 2005 17:44
Vote:

Maybe this error occurs because I have also .NET 2.0 installed? Maybe you should provide special config file for .NET 1.1? This same error was with 1.0 and 1.1 .NET environment.
May 30, 2005 18:32
Vote:

This is link to article about targeting a .NET framework http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpcontargetingnetframeworkversion.asp. Can you help me with this? I should make config file for installator or for some other exe/dlls?
May 31, 2005 10:42
Vote:

Ok - error was because WMI was not properly installed. Can you change manager code to display message - You don't have WMI properly installed instead "Invalid name space.."? Regards
Jul 01, 2005 16:26
Vote:

The manager could display a more informative error message since we know when the error occured - while checking the license. BTW, I suggest that you uninstall Asp.Net 2.0 if you are going to use the machine for EPiServer development.
Jul 12, 2005 11:53
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.