Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer 4.50 Offline Installation failing

Vote:

When I attempt to perform an offline installation of EPiServer 4.50 release, I get 5 messages appearing, each saying 'Invalid characters in path'. The installation then fails a little further on with the following message: The installation failed, and the rollback has been performed. [Could not find file "C:\DOCUME~1\Mark.TYR\LOCALS~1\Temp\temp_epi_f64d9887-65bb-4de5-895b-abc1fec53694\upload\3447\Besökskort.pdf".] I suspect that the umlaut character is causing the missing file to not be extracted from the .pkg (hence the 'Invalid character' warnings. We are trying to install EPiServer on a customer site, so a quick response would be appreciated. Mark.
May 26, 2005 14:58
Vote:

This error has been reported by me a couple of weeks ago. I had an older version of the installer then and haven't tested it since I upgraded it.
May 27, 2005 11:22
Vote:

If there is an updated version of the EPiServer Manager, I would very much like to get a copy of it. I'm experiencing problems (exceptions) when trying to upgrade a multi-language 4.31 installation. Frank
May 27, 2005 12:32
Vote:

We have recently found a solution for the offline installation problem. It appears that the ElektroPost.Win32.dll assembly that is distributed with EPiServer 4.50 (and also EPiServerManager 1.0) has the same version as in EPiServer 4.41. Because of this, the old assembly is never replaced by the new in the Global Assembly Cache during installation, which means that the assembly that the Manager uses is from EPiServer 4.41 and this causes the offline installation problem. The solution is simple: 1. Remove the ElektroPost.Win32.dll from the GAC. 2. Register the ElektroPost.Win32.dll assembly that can be found in the EPiServerManager's application directory (usually "C:\Program Files\EPiServer Manager") in the GAC. The same information can be found in the following FAQ article: http://www.episerver.com/templates/faq.aspx?id=4081
May 30, 2005 11:05
Vote:

Unfortunately the solution appears to be relevant ONLY to installations over an existing EPiServer setup. We need to install EPiServer 4.50 on a completely virgin machine, so the indicated assembly does not appear in the GAC. This is an urgent matter for us now, as our client is unable to install online and needs to get up and running as soon as possible.
Jun 07, 2005 10:17
Vote:

The fix is as described above, but an important point to note is that you must replace the Elektropost.win32 dll in the GAC BEFORE you create the offline installation package from EPiServer Manager. The package then installs correctly (although with 'Could not connect...' messages). It is also important that the DLL replacement is done on any other machine where the offline package is installed to.
Jun 07, 2005 18:11
Vote:

Thanks for pointing that out, about the ElektroPost.Win32.dll (FAQ article mentioned earlier updated).
Jun 08, 2005 19:01
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.