Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Form not stored in DB & Problems with HtmlSelect

Vote:

Hi! I have made a page with a (traditional) form which is never gets stored in the DB as it should. As a matter of fact, the never seems to be posted. I have a line of code FormProperty.Visible = !form.IsPosted; but the form is ALWAYS visible. (I have also made other tracing checks which all show the form is never posted.) If I do the check on IsPostBack, it changes as expected. This is for an EPiServer 4.51 installation. In another application, running 4.31, the above works fine. In the 4.31 app., I have implemented the private void Page_PreRender(object sender, System.EventArgs e) method to do this work, and to populate a System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlSelect from an ArrayList. This does not work in the 4.51 app. HOWEVER, if I do the population in the Page_Load() method, I get the HtmlSelect to be populated correctly (well, at least good enough). Regardless of which method I implement, the IsPosted check(s) is never indicating that the form is posted. The form settings are allowing anonymous posts, allowing multiple posts. Posting has been tested from both MSIE, Firefox, and Opera (all on WinXP Pro) same results. (The 4.51 application is (still) running on a Developer License.) There are no special requirements on the fields in the form, and the problem is present also if I change the form as to contain only one single field. All suggestions to solutions are most welcome.
Nov 09, 2005 14:26
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.