Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Access to performance data was denied to ASPNET as attempted from C:\WINNT\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe Source:Perflib

Vote:

Access to performance data was denied to ASPNET as attempted from C:\WINNT\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe In event viewer the source is given as Perflib. I dont know if this is an EPiServer specific problem but on every machine I have EPiServer installed this error is logged until the log fills up. /John
Jan 06, 2005 17:29
Vote:

A different search of good old google gave me what might be the answer: 1. Start regedt32 2. Select the key SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib 3. From the menu select 'Security/Permissions' 4. Add the Internet Guest Account granting only 'read' permission Any known link to EPiServer or the initial config of EPiServer or .NET that might have lead to this problem?
Jan 06, 2005 17:35
Vote:

This seems to be a windows 2000 server specific problem as our new server 2003 log does not show this problem.
Jan 06, 2005 17:38
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.