Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Scheduler fails

Vote:

Hi. The Scheduler Service fails on a server. The following error message appears in the Event Log: Cannot get SchedulerService. Make sure it's started on the localsystem. [Server encountered an internal error. For more information, turn on customErrors in the server's .config file.] This error message appears several times over the last week. But the service was started last time on september 22nd, and has been running since. Also, the Event Log is full of the following entry: 10s warning - due time is 23. september 2004 03:00:00 This one seems to be written to the log each time the scheduler is supposed to run, but has failed for some reason. Help, anyone? Frank :)
Sep 30, 2004 13:43
Vote:

I'm having the same problem as above. The website stops running after a while and the log is full with warnings. Any idea?
Mar 22, 2005 13:40
Vote:

No, actually I haven't solved it yet. But u can check out the following FAQ: http://www.episerver.com/templates/faq____2863.aspx Frank :)
Mar 22, 2005 14:21
Vote:

I have this as an open ticket with support. Last I heard from them was this: This is probably beacause one or more sites on the server have not registered with the scheduler service correctly. How many sites are on the server? According to the logfile there are 2 active sites on the server, are there more? Not exactly helpful and I havent heard from them since 2nd march. So I have no clue and yet another open ticket to add to the growing list... maybe if we post our circumstances here we might spot something? my setup(s): Machine: win 2000 Site1: upgraded from 3.5, currently running 4.30. Site2: clean install of 4.30 Site3: clean install of 4.40 Machine: win 2003 Site1: upgraded from 3.5, currently running 4.30 Site2: upgraded from 3.5, currently running 4.30 Both servers have the schedular error in the logfile. The win 2000 machine has the perfmon error(s) even tho I thought I had fixed it. /John
Mar 22, 2005 16:37
Vote:

I have also been in contact with Support regarding this matter, and received similar questions as you, John. However, they told me I had to run the Scheduler in Debug mode for retrieving some more informational error messages. Our customer also has 3 EPiServer sites (all 4.31 or newer) running on a Win 2000 Server box. I haven't had time to dig any deeper into this, but I'll see what I can do after the easter holidays. Quick question (probably for the Support guys...): Has this web.config setting any influence on the Scheduler: Frank :)
Mar 22, 2005 20:41
Vote:

The "10s warning - due time is 23. september 2004 03:00:00" was added in EPiServer 4.31 (this is the only version of the scheduler generating these messages). The reason we added it was to get a indication if someting is wrong, the message actually tells us that the sceduler has recieved a job with a due date within 10 seconds. We later removed this message because it was perfectly normal for the scheduler to recieve jobs within 10 seconds if you have multiple jobs on a single site that have execution date close in time. You should not get this error if you have upgraded to 4.40/4.41.
Mar 23, 2005 8:59
Vote:

We are going to be upgrading again pretty soon to take advantage of the new functions since 4.30. Does this also mean the other error message will go away as well? /John
Mar 23, 2005 9:33
Vote:

We are going to be upgrading again pretty soon to take advantage of the new functions since 4.30. Does this also mean the other error message will go away as well? /John
Mar 23, 2005 9:33
Vote:

Hi. This error is still occuring on our server. This message appears on all the jobs on one of our sites: The EPiServer Scheduler Service does not appear to be active, it may have been stopped. Next job "Publish delayed pages" should have been executed 12.09.2005 04:08:14 Our server is running on Windows 2000 Server SP4. We have three different episerver sites: - 4.31 - 4.40 - 4.50 The error mentioned above appears only on jobs on the 4.31 and the 4.40 site, NOT on the 4.50 site. Also, the following entry can be found in the event log on the server: Cannot get SchedulerService. Make sure it's started on the localsystem. [Server encountered an internal error. For more information, turn on customErrors in the server's .config file.] The only way to make it work again, is to restart the EPiServer Scheduler Service. I have to say this kind of error is quite critical, since the Scheduler is indeed running, but the jobs won't run. This way there is no way of catching the error before actually seeing the error message in admin. Hope you can help me out. Frank :)
Sep 12, 2005 12:20
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.