Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Should I use/not use Epi Foundation

Vote:

We have a new project coming up, and we plan to leverage Foundation for it. The customer wants to use a 3rd party search provider and not go with Episerver Find. And I see that Foundation has quite a few class libraries that leverage Epi Find (Find CMS, Commerce) and also Personilzation does require Epi Find as well as far as I know. So all these class libraries are of no use. Bascially the CMS and Commerce is all I need, would it make sense to start from scratch with a custom implementation, or can we still use Foundation. Any thoughts or suggestions on this will be appreciated.
Edited, Mar 11, 2020 20:21
Vote:

I would advise you to use Foundation and then swap out the parts that you're not using. You will have less work with replacing Find and Personalization than building a site from scratch. Magnitudes less. It's essential to understand that CMS and Commerce "out of the box" is just an API and a backoffice UI - there is no site, no controllers, no display templates, no nothing. Foundation gives you a great place to start, with everything set up - a fully functioning site, according to best practices, with a working build system etc. You basically just need to change the frontend/styling and replace the backend parts/integrations that your customer require. Good luck!  

Mar 12, 2020 21:26
Siddharth Gupta - Mar 17, 2020 22:29
Thanks Johan :)
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.