Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

improve business foundation read

Vote:

Hello Team,

I would like to know if using more caching could be a way to imporve BF read perfomance , what other tircks you have to do so as well?

Thanks

Feb 06, 2020 7:02
Vote:

Hi Isam

Wrapping Business Foundation reads in caching will dramatically improve the performance of repeated reads. Remember to add ecf-customers as a master key dependency when you cache the data. Then Episerver will automatically clear your cached data when any customer (or related) entity is updated.

Also, if you implement caching, you can inject the CustomerCacheElement class in your code. It has a IsEnabled property (so you can skip caching, if false) and various cache expiration times that Episerver is using internally. I typically rely on one of those properties, instead of hardcoding a value.

Feb 06, 2020 7:57
Vote:

BF has some level of caching, althought not as complete as other parts of the system, says, catalog content, but it is quite sufficient. What is the problem you are trying to solve? BF is now considered legacy and will receive no further development (except critical bug fixes) so it might be a good idea to use something else (except if you are using something like contacts etc)

Feb 06, 2020 8:16
Vote:

Hello Quan,

can you please provide more info on "BF is now considered legacy and will receive no further development" what is the new replacment and what is the imporvemnt this upgrade offer?

Thanks

Feb 09, 2020 6:55
Vote:

I accidently stumbled upon this, and was wondering if any more has been announced on Business Foundation, and the plans to replace it.

Sep 24, 2020 16:40
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.