Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Updating to Episerver Commerce 13 (NodeContent Extensions)

Vote:

Hi team,

I have updated my episerver commerce to 13.7.1 version and the NodeContentExtensions class is removed.

In my solution i have used GetCategories() method (from NodeContentExtensions). Can you please suggest me a alternative for this.

Thanks in Advance.

Edited, Sep 16, 2019 12:11
Vote:

It seems it was my bad to remove the entire class. The GetCategories can be reimplemented as below

private static readonly Lazy<IRelationRepository> _relationRepository = new Lazy<IRelationRepository>(() => ServiceLocator.Current.GetInstance<IRelationRepository>());

/// <summary>
/// Gets the categories to which the category is linked (parent categories).
/// N.B. This does not include the main parent category (given by the ParentLink of the content).
/// </summary>
/// <param name="node">The node.</param>
/// <returns>
/// <see cref="ContentReference" />s of the parent categories.
/// </returns>
public static IEnumerable<ContentReference> GetCategories(this NodeContent node)
{
return GetCategories(node, _relationRepository.Value);
}

/// <summary>
/// Gets the categories to which the category is linked (parent categories).
/// N.B. This does not include the main parent category (given by the ParentLink of the content).
/// </summary>
/// <param name="node">The node.</param>
/// <param name="relationRepository">The relation repository.</param>
/// <returns>
/// <see cref="ContentReference" />s of the parent categories.
/// </returns>
public static IEnumerable<ContentReference> GetCategories(this NodeContent node, IRelationRepository relationRepository)
{
Validator.ThrowIfNull("node", node);
Validator.ThrowIfNull("relationRepository", relationRepository);

return relationRepository.GetParents<NodeRelation>(node.ContentLink).Select(r => r.Parent);
}
Sep 16, 2019 12:44
nik2911 - Sep 16, 2019 12:55
Thank you so much Quan.. How about the ParseToObject method in PropertyList class(Episerver.Core) ? Is there any alternative
Quan Mai - Sep 16, 2019 12:58
I don't know what you are talking about? which class?
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.