Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Prevent shipping promotion from excluding other shipping promotions. (Multiple shipping methods)

Vote:

Hey,

What's the best way, if possible, to have multiple shipping promotions be applied to different shipping methods?

In my case, the customer wants ShippingMethod1 to be free if order value is greater than 5.000 and ShippingMethod2 be free if order value is greater than 10.000.
But it seems that the customer is ever only eligible for one of the promotions? If the order value is 15.000, only the second promotion is returned as a RewardDescription whereas i want both alternatives to be free if the total amount exceeds 10k. 

Are shipping level promotions always excluded in full and is there a way to circumvent this?

Edited, Sep 09, 2019 16:42
Vote:

Hello,

The shipment level promotions are not excluded except you set it in "Discount Priorities and Exclusions" of Marketing.

In your case, if you have an order with total is 11.000 (so both 2 shipping promotions are can be applied). When placing the order, let's check: Select the ShippingMethod1 then shipping discount is equal to the shipping cost of ShippingMethod1? Select the ShippingMethod2 then shipping discount is equal to the shipping cost of ShippingMethod2? It mean that when you selecting ShippingMethod1 or ShippingMethod2 then the shipping discount will equal to shipping cost of selected shipping method. And it is correct.

For example, in Quicksilver site: I created 2 shipping promotion:

1. ShippingPromotion1: Spend at least 5.000 and get free shipping for 2 shipping methods: "Fast USD" and "Regular USD".
  2. ShippingPromotion2: Spend at least 10.000 and get free shipping for shipping method: "Express USD".

When I placing an order with total is 12.000 then if I select shipping method is "Express USD", "Fast USD" or "Regular USD", I always get the shipping discount equal to shipping subtotal and the shipping total is equal to 0.

Sep 12, 2019 11:21
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.