Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Commerce FindSearchProvider not using DXC App Settings

Vote:

Hi Quan

An update on an issue I raised a few months ago

https://world.episerver.com/forum/developer-forum/Episerver-Commerce/Thread-Container/2019/3/dxc---commerce-config-files-/#202251

We are getting intermittent 401 error in Commerce Manager when doing Catalog search or Rebuild index, due to the FindSearchProvider reading the Find settings (expired dev index) from Mediachase.Search.config. This is inspite of the Find index settings defined in the DXC environment Application Settings.

I discovered that a restart of the CMS and Commerce Manager web apps resolves the issue however it regresses after any subsequent deployments.

We are using

EPiServer.Commerce 12.11.0

EPiServer.Commerce.FindSearchProvider 10.0.2

EPiServer.Find.Commerce 11.0.2

Do you have any insights as to why this is happening ?

Thanks

Sep 16, 2019 6:53
Vote:

I don't know if you were the one who contacted developer support, however this is my latest comment 

"It seems like it will help if they install https://www.nuget.org/packages/Microsoft.Azure.ConfigurationManager/ For some reasons which I don't have time to dig into, the site does not read configurations from the Azure settings properly"

Sep 16, 2019 8:58
Vote:

Quite possibly, that's the suggestion I got from Episerver Support as well. However I don't quite understand it's need. Will give it a try

Sep 16, 2019 9:31
Vote:

If you read the description of the package 

"Microsoft Azure Configuration Manager provides a unified API to load configuration settings regardless of where the application is hosted - whether on-premises or in a Cloud Service."

The problem appears to be caused by the possibility that the site does not read settings from Azure properly, so it fallbacks to the settings in mediachase.search.config.

Sep 16, 2019 9:34
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.