Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How to set variant's date and time and it is not converted to site language or site country?

Vote:

I have a date property in a variant and my site is hosted on say Australia and language of the site is also same. If I select date and time from other country than Australia(Country A), it will convert(date time accodring to time zone difference) and save. If I open the edit mode in country A, I get the date time I entered, but in site it is converted one i.e. of Australia. If i open edit mode and site in Australia, I have converted datetime in both places.it is very confusing. How to set variant's date and time and it is not converted to site language or site country?

Aug 05, 2019 7:58
Vote:

The date and time are always saved in UTC, and in Edit mode it is displayed as local time/current language. There is curently no way I know of to display the date and time invariantly.

Aug 05, 2019 9:00
Muller - Aug 05, 2019 9:09
Yes it saves in UTC. But my concern is it adds/subtracts time (to change to site country) before converting in UTC. Can we avoid that?
Quan Mai - Aug 05, 2019 16:28
I'm not quite sure I understand the "adds/subtracts" part. Care to elaborate?
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.