Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How to create user for Commerce Manager?

Vote:

We have a separate login for Commerce Manager (CM) user and CMS user. How to create one for CM?

Jul 18, 2019 11:00
Vote:

Is that you are asking about editor users or the site visitor users?

Jul 18, 2019 12:27
Vote:

I am asking about Commerce Manager (CM) editor user. My CMS admin user of member group webadmins and webeditors cannot access CM and I can only access with default username/password admin/store.

Jul 18, 2019 12:55
Vote:

Hi Muller

I just created a user for commerce manager. You need to create a user in CMS that has administrator role. You can login with this user in commerce manager. I hope that helps.

Edited, Jul 18, 2019 13:03
Vote:

Episerver Commerce has its own groups that you use to assign access rights for Commerce functions.

You must manually create the CommerceAdmins, CommerceSettingsAdmins and CatalogManagers groups before adding users to them. To do this, go to CMS > Admin > Access Rights > Administer Groups

Find more details here

Jul 18, 2019 13:05
Vote:

Apparently I was replying to the wrong thread.

You should be mentioning if you are using ASP.NET Membership Provider or AspNetIdentity. 

You also mentioned We have a separate login for Commerce Manager (CM) user and CMS user. which is strange. Does that mean you use different membership providers for CMS and Commerce Manager

Jul 19, 2019 11:41
Muller - Aug 01, 2019 15:18
No, I mean we have two separate built-in pages for CMS and CM. By default, one opens with /episerver and another when we click on CM tab.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.