Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Could not load type 'Mediachase.Commerce.Manager.Marketing.PromotionList'

Vote:

Hi,

After upgrading to EpiServer Commerce v 13.3.1.0, I am seeing this error when I try to open the promotions in Commerce Manager:

Could not load type 'Mediachase.Commerce.Manager.Marketing.PromotionList'.

Source error:

Line 1:  <%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" Inherits="Mediachase.Commerce.Manager.Marketing.PromotionList" Codebehind="PromotionList.ascx.cs" %>
Line 2:  <%@ Register Src="~/Apps/Core/Controls/EcfListViewControl.ascx" TagName="EcfListViewControl" TagPrefix="core" %>
Line 3:  <core:EcfListViewControl id="MyListView" runat="server" DataKey="PromotionId" AppId="Marketing" DataKeyField="PromotionId" ViewId="Promotion-List" ShowTopToolbar="true"></core:EcfListViewControl>

Source File: /Apps/Marketing/PromotionList.ascx

Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks in advance!

Bart

Jul 04, 2019 9:34
Vote:

In Commerce Manager 13.0 the old promotion system was removed, including the UI in Commerce Manager https://world.episerver.com/blogs/Quan-Mai/Dates/2018/12/planned-breaking-changes-for-commerce-in-2019/ The upgrade script should have removed the Marketing folder.

You would need to use the new promotion system + marketing UI. trust me, it's far superior than the old one in every aspect. 

Jul 04, 2019 10:03
Vote:

Thanks Quan! Where can I find the upgrade script? Can I run it again?

Jul 04, 2019 10:07
Vote:

It would be easier if you delete the Marketing folder yourself :)

Jul 04, 2019 10:29
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.