Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Strange StopPublish behaviour, maximum 10 years from StartPublish if set to null on save

Vote:

Hi!

We have an import job that creates variants and products. Some products are old and have a StartPublish date like 2001-03-01. When this product is synced we set StopPublish to null but then Commerce sets StopPublish to StartPublish + 10 years. Why is that? Should this be considered a bug?

/Kristoffer

Jun 18, 2019 9:38
Vote:

Not exactly a bug, per se. StopPublish can be null, but EndDate is not, so when you are saving a catalog content without StopPublish, Commerce has to set EndDate to something, and that was chosen to be StartPublish + 10 years. This is not perfect but it works in a majority of cases, and quite reasonable if you ask me.

The obvious workaround is to set the StopPublish to some value that you are happy with. 

Jun 18, 2019 11:00
Vote:

Ok by me. Then I now how it works. Thanks!

Jun 18, 2019 11:09
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.