Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Relate category to multiple catalogs

Vote:

We have a need for relating categories with multiple catalogs.

so we have:

Catalog1 - Code: 1

Catalog2 - Code: 2

Category3 - Code: 3

Now I want to be able to relate Category3 to both Catalog1 and Catalog2. Categories can be related to other categories just fine across catalogs, but it is the categories that exist just below the catalog that doesn't seem to be possible to relate between catalogs. Code cannot be changed, as data is coming from a PIM system.

End goal would be:

Catalog1

- Category3

Catalog2

- Category3

Is this possible through some api I missed somewhere? IRelationsRepository cannot handle the parent of a relation being a content reference to a catalog.

Jun 05, 2019 12:54
Vote:

It is unfortunately impossible. The categories directly under a catalog do not have a "relation", they "belong" to that catalog 

Perhaps it does not fit your requirements, but you technically can have Category4 to be in Catalog2, and then link everything from Category3 to Category4

Jun 05, 2019 14:17
Vote:

Thanks for the response Quan, your suggestion is unfortunately not an option. The PIM provides structures for the catalogs and also the Codes for the structure and trying to create some sort of shadow structure while importing will increase complexity to much I believe. Will have to come up with a workaround it sounds like.

Jun 05, 2019 15:22
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.