Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Converting Commerce Content Types

Vote:

Hello,

Is there any any solution for converting Commerce content from one content type to another,? like the admin tool for CMS content.

We are using the latest packages of CMS/Commerce.

Cheers

Ben

Feb 20, 2019 15:29
Vote:

Hi,

I am not sure I understand your question. I guess you have skus in one type and one to change it to another type? Can you show the source type (definition/metafields) and the target type. 

Feb 20, 2019 20:16
Vote:

I think that Benjamin is referring to this dialogue, Quan.

[

note to others  - pasting image looks like its going to work but when you review your submission it is a broken link.

The image that I tried to upload was of the CMS\Admin\Content Type\Manage Page Types \Convert Pages functionality

]

Benjamin - the difference with commerce products is that while they expose themselves to you as a developer in a similar way to PageTypes (through the Content Repository - which this tool is focused on), they are actually powered by various other metadata systems as well.

At the moment, as you point out, converting 'Pages' only works with PageTypes. I believe it would be a new feature request to build out the same functionality for Commerce Products

Edited, Feb 28, 2019 1:53
Vote:

If this is what you mean

Then no, this only works for PageData. Catalog content is not supported and there is no plan to support it in the future.

Feb 28, 2019 9:50
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.