Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Remove item from tab in content editor

Vote:

Hi,

Not sure if this is strictly a Commerce quesiton as it's in the content editing section of the Catalog, but here goes:

I want to remove one of the 'tabs' in the content editor window for catalog items (see below)

I've tried doing this by CSS, but the 'Related Entries' tab isn't always in the same position depending on which catalog item I'm editing, and there doesn't appear to be a way of identifying the current content item type in the editor html, as it's all rendered by/for Dojo. Is there a content store or some scirpt I can override in order to do this?

Oct 14, 2019 18:25
Vote:

Do you want to completely hide this tab or for a specific user?

Oct 14, 2019 19:25
Vote:

Oct 14, 2019 19:48
Vote:

Hey Ravindra (great work in the forums btw),

I'm not sure this will work in the Catalogue 'All properties' as this is an internal tab with internal properties. 

Unless of course you can somehow override them and then set the visibility. If that is possible(?) perhaps someone could extend the answer to include that aspect too?

Oct 14, 2019 23:44
Vote:

It should have been easier to do this (hide a tab in Catalog UI), however it seems like there is a bug in this area. I have filed a bug for CMS UI team to look into that.

There is a simple way to do this, a blogpost is coming

Edited, Oct 15, 2019 9:39
Vote:

Thanks for the replies. As usual, I found the answer just after posting the problem:

The approach from Linus here:  https://world.episerver.com/forum/legacy-forums/Episerver-7-CMS/Thread-Container/2013/10/Is-there-any-way-to-hide-the-settings-tab/#75743

worked fine - I just needed to change the comparison from SystemTabNames.Settings to "RelatedEntries", and I didn;t need to check a  role.

Edited, Oct 15, 2019 9:55
Vote:

A more complete solution (and I'd argue simpler) is here https://vimvq1987.com/hide-certain-tabs-in-catalog-ui 

Oct 15, 2019 10:33
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.