Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

We are facing issues when we are trying to add products as line item in commerce manager UI

Vote:

Hi,

We are trying to add products which dont have any variants to line item. We are facing the below exception.

Input string was not in a correct format.

But we are successfully able to add variants we have created. Kindly correct us if we are trying some thing wrong.

We are able to products as line items to commerce manager using programatic approach but not using the UI. 

Is it mandatory to have atleast one variant for the product to add it to the line item ?

Regards,

Manik

Jan 02, 2019 5:43
Vote:

Hi,

When adding line item, we use variant (or package, bundle), and not the product.

I'm reproducing the issue. Which Commerce version do you use?

/Viet Anh

Jan 02, 2019 7:30
Vote:

Hi,

I can reproduce the issue. Basically we don't allow adding product as line item.

I'm checking if we can do smthing better in this case. For example: a friendly message, just my thoughts :)

/Viet Anh

Jan 02, 2019 9:14
Vote:

Thanks for your quick information. Yeah basically i was thinking whether products can be added with out variants. I think it is not possible.

Jan 02, 2019 9:52
Vote:

You can have variants without products but not the other way around. Therefore if you don't need multiple variants for products just add the variants directly under the nodes and don't use products.

Jan 02, 2019 10:57
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.