Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Alloy as front end project for Commerce?

Vote:

To create a commerce site (I am using version 12), is it fine to use alloy site as front end? The below link suggests to create an empty project. As there is already so many initial code setups in Alloy which is not available in Empty CMS, I want to use Alloy to avoid so many code setups. In the beginning, it is very confusing what are things needed to be configured and setup. Or, is there any other way to get started a new project? Suggestion please.

https://world.episerver.com/documentation/developer-guides/commerce/getting-started/creating-your-project/

Jan 16, 2019 11:45
Vote:

Hi,

You can use Alloy to start a new Commerce project. But we recommend Quicksilver which is more specific, including usages of the Commerce APIs.

With Quicksilver, you can build a simple Commerce site after just few steps.

/Viet Anh

Edited, Jan 16, 2019 12:03
Vote:

Thank for your answer. I have few concerns.

Does QuickSilver fulfill the requirement of the site having cms and e-commerce? Where can refer the detail implementation and extending QuickSilver documenntation? So many things wired up in Alloy and also has detail documentation, how flexible is QuickSilver especially for a novice?

Edited, Jan 17, 2019 7:36
Vote:

the best documentation is the code. I would recommend to spend a bit time walking around source code and see how it was built. you can't really have a commerce site without cms part.

Jan 18, 2019 22:09
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.