Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How to get dependency injection for custom ITaxCalculator in Commerce Manager

Vote:

Hi

So I have written a custom ITaxCalculator, which is cofigured in our StructureMap configuration initialization, and it works as needed in the website. But how do I get Commerce Manager's dependency injection (or StructureMap) to also use my implementation instead of the default?

Matt

(Episerver CMS 11.9.2 with Commerce 11.8.5)

Jul 20, 2018 6:09
Vote:

You should have separate project with all of your custom implementations and their registration, and this project's assembly should be deployed in both your frontend and CM bin folder

Jul 20, 2018 6:14
Vote:

Hi Quan

Yeah, my custom class is deployed in a shared dll (separate project) to CM.. But I think I'm missing something, how would CM know to use that class? In web I have that structuremap configuration that tells it, but nothing yet would tell CM to use that class for ITaxCalculator..

Matt

Jul 20, 2018 6:16
Vote:

Okay, think I missed your "and registration" which I haven't done outside of my web project. Now that I've also registered it in the shared project, Commerce Manager uses it now :)

Jul 20, 2018 7:01
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.