Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Failing to create content because of ApplicationLog username max length

Vote:

Hi,

I'm having an issue where I'm failing to create content in the commerce catalog due to a restriction on the username column in the application log, having a maximum lenght of 50 characters. I've altered the column length but when running SQL Profiler it seemed to never execute the sql query. After reflecting the code calling the CatalogLogger it seems that there is a restriction on the LogDto setting a maximum length to the username column if the generated decompiled code is to be trusted. Changing to some other username format less than 50 characters long i not an option so is there som other options/work arounds for solving this issue.

Jul 17, 2018 14:36
Vote:

We need to look into this. I can't make promise now but we would like to make it consistent across the system

Edited, Jul 17, 2018 19:52
Vote:

We need to look into this. I can make promise now but we would like to make it consistent across the system

Jul 17, 2018 19:52
Vote:

We will address this in upcoming release (12.4.2/12.5)

Jul 18, 2018 6:11
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.