Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Cannot unlink meta field

Vote:

I have a meta field X on two different catalog content types NodeContent and VariationContent. However, I want to unlink (remove) meta field X on NodeContent, so I followed the advice here, saying:

"Go to the Commerce Manager Administration section => Catalog => MetaClass => Select the type of class (Node or Entry), then select the MetaClass you would like to edit. Then uncheck the properties you don't want to be in the MetaClass, then click OK to save."

It didn't work though. The meta field X still shows on NodeContent in the catalog.

Is there a safe way to remove it from the database (so that it's unlinked/removed from NodeContent, but kept for VariationContent)?

Commerce Version is 11.

Edited, Jul 16, 2018 9:01
Vote:

Do you perhaps have the meta field on an extended NodeContent class in your code as a property?

Jul 16, 2018 9:24
Vote:

I removed it from the class of type NodeContent already.

But I see that after I did an iisreset it's gone :-)

Edited, Jul 16, 2018 9:44
Vote:

The magic saviour! :D

Jul 16, 2018 9:45
Vote:

When you unlink a metafield in Commerce Manager it raises event to let Catalog UI knows the metaclass has changed. I suspect the remote events in your site was not working properly at that time (if at all)

Jul 16, 2018 15:52
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.