Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

what's wrong with this error: The database schema for 'CMS' has not been updated to version '7052.0', current database version is '7053.0'.

Vote:

Hello,

I am new for Epi server, I followed these steps on https://world.episerver.com/documentation/developer-guides/commerce/getting-started/creating-your-project/,

but when I accessed the backend site or access the commerce manager from web site with URL: EPiServer/EPiServer.Commerce.Shell.ManagerIntegration/Admin/SitePlugin/CommerceManager.aspx, I got same error, "The database schema for 'CMS' has not been updated to version '7052.0', current database version is '7053.0'.

anyone know this error? how can I fix it.

Thanks

May 21, 2018 12:33
Vote:

Try running the database schema update

1. Open Package Manager Console.
  2. Make sure "Default project" points to the episerver website.
  3. Write Update-EPiDatabase in the console and press Enter.

This will run through database migrations. You may then get a screen when you login to commerce manager with some more updates to do, if so just click the button to run the updates.

May 21, 2018 13:12
Vote:

You can also set it do be done automaticly, like this in web.config

<episerver.framework updateDatabaseSchema="true">

Read more about it here:

https://world.episerver.com/documentation/developer-guides/CMS/Deployment/automatic-schema-updates/

May 21, 2018 13:27
Vote:

The error message is also quite confusing.  We will look into it. 

May 21, 2018 14:06
Vote:

I've looked into this, and the problem is if the assemblies require newer database version, it's actually quite correct and meaningful. However if the assemblies require older database version than the database is, then the error message is quite confusing. I'll file a bug for it.

FYI the full error message look like this 

The database schema for 'CMS' has not been updated to version '7052.0', current database version is '7053.0'. Update the database manually by running the cmdlet 'Update-EPiDatabase' in the package manager console or set updateDatabaseSchema="true" on episerver.framework configuration element.

May 21, 2018 15:34
Vote:

thank you very much.

but why I got this error that require older database version than the database is?

here is my detail step:

1. create empty project with select Episerver-> Episerver Web Site, Empty project, with name web_app.
  2. install the packages EPiServer.Commerce(latest stable 12.2.0) and EPiServer.Commerce.UI.ManagerIntegration(latest stable 12.2.0) for web_site.
  3. create new empty mvc project into my solution: commerce_manage, by select ASP.NET Web Application(.NET Framework).
  4.  install EPiServer.CommerceManager package on commerce_manage(latest stable 12.2.0).
  5. install EPiServer.ServiceLocation.StructureMap package on commerce_manager(latest stable 2.0.1).
  6. open Package Manager Console, run the update-epidatabase.
  7. build and start the server.
  8. access the web_app, we will see this page:"localhost:4314/Util/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fEPiServer%2fCommerce%2fMigrate", login with admin/store, go to EPiServer Commerce Migration page.
  9. on that page, click button to execute all migration.
  10. after step 9, access the URL:http://localhost:4314/EPiServer/, I can access these page, like CMS, Commerce-> catalog, it woks fine.
  11. but when I access the Commerce->Commere Manager, I got error:"

The database schema for 'CMS' has not been updated to version '7052.0', current database version is '7053.0'.

12. same errro when I access the commerce_manage site.

so I don't know what's wrong for this error.

Thank your help.

Edited, May 22, 2018 4:33
Vote:

The problem because episerver VS extension depends on higher cms version, while commerce manager depends on lower cms version. So to resolve the problem you should do steps below:

1. run update-package episerver.cms.core for solution 
  2. run update-epidatabase
Edited, May 22, 2018 9:19
Vote:

Thank you!

Edited, May 22, 2018 9:34
Vote:

<p>The bug is being fixed in CMS Core, and in next version it would be easier to understand what is wrong :)&nbsp;</p>
May 23, 2018 12:33
Vote:

<p>And now it's fixed (I'm being asked to post update :) )&nbsp;</p>
May 24, 2018 11:44
Vote:

Haha I asked Quan for testing the display error on the Latest Forum Posts on Home page, luckily it works fine now :).

Edited, May 24, 2018 11:56
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.