Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Unable to create new meta fields on Business foundation Contact class

Vote:

I’m working with Episerver Commerce 10.0. I’m trying to create new meta fields in the Business Foundation Contact class. This already has over 40 text fields. I add a new text field of size 255 and it creates successfully. But then it won’t let me create any more text fields. I then removed the first field and created it again, this time of size 100.. it creates successfully. I’m then able to add 2 more text fields of size 100, but then it won’t let me create a fourth.. which makes me feel that there is some sort of size/column restriction on contact tables. Is that correct? Is there a way to increase this size/ manage this restriction? If so, where and how? I’m doing all of this through Commerce Manager interface.

I’m in urgent need of a solution here, as it’s hampering work. Please advise.

May 17, 2018 20:02
Vote:

I'm not 100% sure on the limit number but I seem to remember seeing a post about one. There's a simple workaround that I can think of and it's how we store a lot of data in the meta fields

• Create a type as a long string
  • In C# when saving the data wrap up the fields in an object and JSON serialize them
  • Save JSON data to meta field and deserialize when needed

This works as I'm doing it for complex storage types.

May 18, 2018 9:56
Vote:

Hi Scott.. i need separate nvarchar meta fields for my particular requirement, but now that there already are so many nvarcahr columns in the contact table, it won't let me create fields if they go beyonf 100 characters. Can we change this restriction somewhere?

May 18, 2018 17:56
Vote:

Not that I know of, hopefully someone from Episerver will see this and give a definitive answer. 

May 21, 2018 9:52
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.