Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Routing on Commerce NodeContent

Vote:

I am currently trying to add a custom router in Commerce version 10.8.0 that allows me to write the following URL: website.com/gloves/{brand}, where gloves is a NodeContent in my catalog and {brand} is a segment I would like to perform some logic on before routing to the controller.

public class CustomCategoryPartialRouter : HierarchicalCatalogPartialRouter
    {
        //neye category is a EPiServer catalog
        //this partial router allows a brand to be defined in the succeeding URL segment to filter on brand within the catalog
        public CustomCategoryPartialRouter(Func routeStartingPoint, CatalogContentBase commerceRoot,
            bool enableOutgoingSeoUri) : base(routeStartingPoint, commerceRoot, enableOutgoingSeoUri)
        {
        }

public override PartialRouteData GetPartialVirtualPath(CatalogContentBase content, string language,
            RouteValueDictionary routeValues, RequestContext requestContext)
        {
            return base.GetPartialVirtualPath(content, language, routeValues, requestContext);
        }

public override object RoutePartial(PageData content, SegmentContext segmentContext)
        {
            return base.RoutePartial(content, segmentContext);
        }
    }

I have ensured that the route is registered in the initialization module:

[InitializableModule]
    [ModuleDependency(typeof(EPiServer.Commerce.Initialization.InitializationModule))]
    public class CatalogRouteInitialization : IInitializableModule
    {
        public void Initialize(InitializationEngine context)
        {

CatalogContentBase commerceRoot = ServiceLocator.Current.GetInstance().Get(ServiceLocator.Current.GetInstance().GetRootLink());
            RouteTable.Routes.RegisterPartialRouter(new CustomCategoryPartialRouter(() =>
            {
                if (!ContentReference.IsNullOrEmpty(SiteDefinition.Current.StartPage))
                    return SiteDefinition.Current.StartPage;
                return SiteDefinition.Current.RootPage;
            }, commerceRoot, true));
            //CatalogRouteHelper.MapDefaultHierarchialRouter(RouteTable.Routes, true);
        }

public void Preload(string[] parameters) { }

public void Uninitialize(InitializationEngine context)
        {
        }
    }

When I try access website.com/gloves, my RoutePartial function in my PartialRouter is not being called before the routing has already occured.

Anyone got any idea why this occurs and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Edited, May 15, 2018 13:16
Vote:

Because gloves is a NodeContent, so you have to make it the commerceRoot instead of the normal commerceRoot as in your code. (or actually its parent node as the commerceRoot - I'm not so sure about it now but you can try) 

Edited, May 16, 2018 17:01
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.