Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Restrict catalog items based on type

Vote:

I am wanting to create a couple of catalog nodes and restrict the product/variation types which users can create under them.

For instance, you might have a Clothes Catalog and a Shoe Catalog. And then a ClothingProduct and a ShoeProduct. I only want to be able to create ShoeProduct under the Shoe Catalog etc.

I've had a look at documentation and couldn't see anything like this. I have tried to roll my own custom catalog inhertining Catalog and then using AvailableContentTypes to restrict types but this didn't work, maybe I need a UI Descriptor for it to show in the CMS, I am unsure.

Running 11.8.2

Any help would be great.

Edited, May 23, 2018 11:19
Vote:

You can't extend or inherit CatalogContent. A workaround is to have an immediate Node, like Shoes, under Shoe Catalog, which is an extended NodeContent class with proper AvailableContentTypes attribute. 

May 23, 2018 12:37
Vote:

Does this mean you create your catalog root (Type:Catalog) and then extend the Category node with proper AvailableContentTypes. Or are you talking about a completely new type of node in addition to Category, Packages etc

May 23, 2018 12:49
Vote:

It is like this 

Shoe Catalog => Shoes => Brands => .... (shoes)

You can have ShoesNodeContent extends NodeContent and add AvailableContentTypes to it. Then create Shoes from ShoesNodeContent 

May 23, 2018 12:52
Vote:

Something as simple as? - 

[ContentType(
        GUID = "FFE372D9-EBEA-48C9-B723-3293E1B2A53C",
        DisplayName = "Shoe Node",
        Description = "Shoe Node")]
    public class ShoeNodeContent : NodeContent
    {
    }

This causes "Multiple custom attributes of the same type found"

May 23, 2018 13:28
Vote:

What are you talking about? This is from our QuickSilver:

[CatalogContentType(
        GUID = "a23da2a1-7843-4828-9322-c63e28059f6a",
        MetaClassName = "FashionNode",
        DisplayName = "Fashion Node",
        Description = "Display fashion products.")]
    [AvailableContentTypes(Include = new[] 
    {
        typeof(FashionProduct),
        typeof(FashionPackage),
        typeof(FashionBundle),
        typeof(FashionVariant),
        typeof(NodeContent)
    })]
    public class FashionNode : NodeContent
    {

}
May 23, 2018 13:36
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.