Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Access to Marketing section? [11.8]

Vote:

Hi!

How do I give a user access to the Marketing tab under Commerce?

We are creating user via a old plugin "Identity mangement" since Commerce 9. The user has access to only the Catalog tab under Commerce but not the Marketing one.

Thanks!

/Kristoffer

May 08, 2018 11:39
Vote:

In a standrd setup these users would need to be WebAdmins http://webhelp.episerver.com/latest/commerce/access-rights.htm 

However you must also make sure you web.config is correctly setup such as

<add name="CmsEditors" type="EPiServer.Security.MappedRole, EPiServer.Framework" roles="WebEditors" mode="Any" />
        <add name="CmsAdmins" type="EPiServer.Security.MappedRole, EPiServer.Framework" roles="WebAdmins" mode="Any" />
        <add name="Creator" type="EPiServer.Security.CreatorRole, EPiServer" />
        <add name="PackagingAdmins" type="EPiServer.Security.MappedRole, EPiServer.Framework" roles="WebAdmins, Administrators, REDWEB\PMT" mode="Any" />
        <add name="CommerceAdmins" type="EPiServer.Security.MappedRole, EPiServer.Framework" roles="WebAdmins, Administrators" mode="Any" />

You can adjust these group if needs me (such as if they are coming from an OWIN SSO solution by changing these groups in your configs)

May 08, 2018 12:19
Vote:

Yes, and that is ok. But our customer wants to give access to the marketing tab also for WebEditors. In the latest Commerce there are a group called MarketingManager, is that included in 11.8?

May 08, 2018 12:48
Vote:

I'm just having a look, have you tried add this MappedRole in and setting the roles to WebEditors? This might make it work if it's just that the Web.config doesn't have the mapped role set up

May 08, 2018 12:52
Vote:

This was added in 9.19.0 from the look of class docs, and it's in here https://world.episerver.com/documentation/developer-guides/commerce/security/Authorization-and-authentication/ so I'd say to make sure as above it's in the config

<add name="MarketingManagers" type="EPiServer.Security.MappedRole, EPiServer.Framework" roles="WebEditors" mode="Any" />
Edited, May 08, 2018 12:54
Vote:

<p>That is it! Works like a charm.</p> <p>Thanks!</p>
May 08, 2018 13:32
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.